Eczema is a common skin condition that may sometimes be treated with homemade, natural remedies. One useful recipe uses a base of Shea butter, coconut oil and raw honey that can both moisturize the skin and help kill bacteria which may contribute to symptoms. Adding lavender oil to this mixture lets you benefit from lavender’s anti-inflammation and anti-bacterial properties. Tea tree oil, geranium oil and myrrh oil are also effective for taming the bacteria and inflammation associated with eczema, but may also be too harsh for some people’s skin.
- Eczema, which is a common skin condition with an array of causes, affects approximately 35 million Americans.
- Most topical, pharmaceutical options for treating excema have steroids as a primary ingredient, aligned with other chemicals.
- An organic, eczema treatment can be made using raw honey, shea butter, a carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil, and essential oils, such as tea tree, lavender and geranium oil.
“Most of them are made to treat eczema symptoms and not the root cause of the problem. Thus, many people turn to natural eczema remedies. This homemade eczema cream might be just what people need to treat the root causes of eczema.”
“What You Need:
- 1/2 cup raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (you can also use almond or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon organic, local honey
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops tea tree oil
- optional: 5 drops geranium essential oil and/or 5 drops myrrh essential oil
- Heat the coconut oil and shea butter until they are mixed together.
- Add honey to the mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Add the essential oils to the mixture and let it cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, stir the mixture until is has a lotion like consistency.
- Store in a cool try area and apply the mixture once or twice a day to the affected area.”
Read more: https://www.davidwolfe.com/homemade-eczema-cream/