The thyroid gland is a small organ in the body but despite its size it is one organ that affects every cell, tissue, and organ in the body. Therefore, it is essential that one have a thyroid gland that is functioning properly. It is estimated that about 20 million Americans have one sort of thyroid disease or the other, but about 60 percent of them do not know of this. One disease of the thyroid gland is termed hypothyroidism and in this condition the thyroid gland is producing very little amounts of hormone. Some of the symptoms that are associated with this condition are muscle cramps, fatigue, weight gain, constipation, and loss of memory. Also, in some cases one may experience the loss of hair, dry skin, general weakness of the body, and depression. Someone may be able to help ease his or her thyroid problems by using a natural means of treatment. Some vegetables that may help in this case are broccoli, kale, cauliflower, as well as foods that are rich in vitamin D and omega-3 such as salmon and olive oil. The best protection any individual can give to himself or herself to help prevent diseases like thyroid disease is to put good things into the body.
- It is essential that one has a properly function thyroid gland because despite the fact that it is small in size it affects every part of the body.
- It is estimated that about 20 million Americans are affected in one way or the other by a thyroid disease but a majority of them are unaware of this.
- Thyroid diseases are of various types but one very common type is hypothyroidism in which the thyroid gland would be seen to produce hormone in little quantities.
“Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, and cauliflower, as well as vitamin D- and omega-3-rich foods like salmon and olive oil can help ease hypothyroid symptoms.”
“Here is a recipe to make a tea at home to possibly help with the thyroid:
1/4 teaspoon dry ginger
1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup cranberry juice
3/4 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Simply boil 2 glasses of water.
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger, 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 cup cranberry juice.”